Wednesday 30 August 2023

WOYWW

 Firstly, an apology for confusing you last week. I am afraid I did not make the tassels. Life is too short 😀 They cost £7 for 100 so who would bother to make them. The colours were far nicer than anything I could have used too.

So this week I have been using some of Annie's donated fabric to make a few items to sell for the Harry Johnson fund.


I made a little bag. It is the second one I have made from that fabric.

They have pockets inside and the handles are long enough to put it over your shoulder 

Then I made a couple of tissue box covers.




And a little draw string bag.

Finally my friend gave me some fabric to recover these cushions. 

The dark one is a lovely African print and the stripey one is a nice fresh Laura Ashley fabric.

I have also spent a lot of my time helping Tilly Tea Dance with mounting and framing her artwork. I think I finished nearly 100 little pictures for her.


Not a bad week's work then!

Today I am on Nanny duties so that will be fun.

Have a good week.

x x Jo 



12 comments:

Helen said...

wow, a busy week! the bags are so pretty. I am sure Max is grateful for all the picture mounting, what a sight they are laid out like that! Happy WOYWW and have fun on Nanny duties! Helen #2

Annie said...

You sure can get a lot done when you don't have a little sister pestering you for a coffee and catch up...we must do it soon.
Hugs,
Annie x

Julia Dunnit said...

My word Twiglet, you have been really busy! Lovely makes for the charity, the donated fabrics have really been beautiful havent they. Can't tell you how much I love my tissue box cover, it sits perfectly next to me in the lounge and is often admired....of course some people sssume I've made it and do you know, I haven't yet claimed that I did! Lovely to see so many of Tilly's pics, her work must be popping up in many places now, talk about knowing her market.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You’ve been a one woman fabric machine! Love how you’ve used the different materials for the HJ trust and the pattern placing of the flowers on the bag sides was very clever. Love the African fabric too, I’ve never used them but always love the bright colours. Enjoy your Nannie day!
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

Lynn Holland said...

Well done Jo on all your gorgeous creations, especially the bag it’s beautiful and I like that it has pockets. I’m a sucker for fabric bags.
Lynn xx

Neet said...

Where do you get all this energy from? You have certainly had a busy week and a profitable one by the looks of all the lovely makes you are showing us.
100 pictures for DD - that's love!
Enjoy your day with your grandson - Hugs, Neet xx 7

Glenda said...

You have had a very productive week for sure. It makes me tired just talking about it!
Glenda #18

My name is Cindy said...

So you didn't make the tassles - I agree, life's too short!! But you have made some lovely things this week - particularly impressed with the pockets in the bag!! What a lot of TTD pictures - just gorgeous!! Enjoy your nanny duties, I'm not on again until Friday. Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindy xx #14

Crafting With Jack said...

Gosh you have been busy and so has Tilly by the looks of that beautiful display of pictures. Enjoy your nanny duties. Angela #17

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing week. You have kept busy, that's for sure. LOVE that bag and it fits you well, although I know it's for your charity. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

Lindart said...

Wow! You have been very busy! Have fun with your nanny duties next week! Lindart #22

Kelly said...

Good morning, Twiglet!
My what a busy week you had. All the sewing projects are pretty. I love useful things.
Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #21