Wednesday 16 August 2023

WOYWW

 Good morning all.

Well last week flew by.

I had a lovely meet up with an old school friend at Erddig, Wrexham. A lovely walk and lunch. The gardens were very colourful.


On Thursday we went up onto the Stiperstones to pick bilberries.

It was really warm and I only managed to pick just over half a kilo but they will be delicious in a crumble or as a cheesecake topping. The views were stunning.




Then we had a walk at Attingham and a quick lunch out too.

On Sunday afternoon we went to Shrewsbury Castle to watch a small and totally brilliant theatre group perform Twelfth Night in the grounds. We sat on picnic chairs and enjoyed a gin and tonic on a lovely sunny afternoon. Again, the gardens, tubs, hanging baskets etc around our town are just gorgeous.

Sadly, this week started with our friends' double funeral. I think they had a good send off but still a sad day for all.

So making the most of every day, Annie and I had quality time together today and I collected some more of her donated fabric.

I have made two more hang about bins.

Angela ( Crafting with Jack) said she might like one.

So, for a donation to the charity, take your pick Angela! I hope you like them.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone.

I have to harvest our home grown veg today. We have loads of beans, courgettes and tomatoes.

x x Jo 

13 comments:

Helen said...

the days out look beautiful, glad the weather behaved for you. hope you have a happy woyww Helen #2

Tracy said...

Hello Jo 🤗 popping my head back in, I'm so sorry it's been a while! What a beautiful time you've been having ... does the soul good to meet up with good friends, spending time together 💕 Enjoy your bilberries 😋 We have plans to go pick wild berries as soon as they ripen ( not quite ready yet) we've had an odd nibble 😋 on our walks but still not quite there yet ... soon we tell ourselves.
Your Sunday afternoon sounds idyllic ⭐️ beautiful photo!
Thinking of you as I type at the passing of your friends , hugging you close 🤗 We started this week with my Aunty's funeral, never easy to lose those we love to next door.
Tooo you and Annie 💕 and beautiful fabric created into works of art 🪡 Happppy harvesting today Jo 🥒🍅 nothing tastes better than homegrown!
Sending lots of love and hugs Tracy #14 xxxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m pleased the funeral went as well as these things can, it seems fitting that the lifelong couple went together in the end. I’m glad you’ve had such a lovely week being out and about too, I bet the play was fantastic in Shrewsbury Castle, we rather liked it there. Lovely little bins too, I bet they go like hot cakes!
Hugs LLJ 1 xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Other than the sadness of a double funeral, it sounds like you had a joyful week. I have never heard of bilberries, but if it's a berry, I'm sure I would LOVE it.

I enlarged the photo from Erddig. The flowers were really colorful. I can see why you enjoyed your visit.

Nice to be able to attend a theater on the green, so to speak. That is a beautiful castle and lovely flowers and hanging baskets. Such a lovely area where you live, dear.

Nice hang bags. You picked some lovely fabric. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

Annie said...

I love the latest two hang abouts Jo....oh to choose between them.
Hugs,
Annie x

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Jo, looks like you have had some good days out. That second photo made me think of TTD needlefelt pictures. Where do the weeks go? Happy WOYWW, have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #9

Glenda said...

Lovely days out and gorgeous gardens to see! Hope the rest of your week is lovely!
Glenda #18

Neet said...

A busy week and sounds like a busy day to come with the harvesting on the cards.
Some lovely photos Jo, I really enjoyed them.
Hugs, neet 3 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Looks like you've had some great days out Jo. Sorry about the loss of your friends. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #16

Lynnecrafts said...

So sorry about your loss, Jo. Glad the rest of your week was happy. I love bilberries; I’m not sure they grow down here.
Your little bins are great.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jo, I'm late today as we've been to the fish farm this morning. The bins are so useful, I use mine at the craft club and wouldn't be without it. Pleased to see you've had a good week too. Sending you hugs and wishes for a happy and creative woyww, Angela x15x

BJ said...

Super hanging bins, lovely colours this week. Hugs BJ#5

pearshapedcrafting said...

You really have visited some lovely places. We hope to visit Erdigg in the Autumn. Sorry about the loss of your friends, hugs, Chrisx