Wednesday 6 September 2023

WOYWW

 

Good morning all.

What lovely weather we have this week. Too nice to be indoors but almost too hot to be outside for too long - our crazy climate.

I have had a busy sewing week, before the weather changed.

As you see above, I made three more little hang about bins. They are all made from small remnants from the fabric donated to Annie. So any monies raised from them will go to the Harry Johnson fund.

The items below are made from the same supply.

This little automatic machine embroidered motif on calico was just crying out to be a pocket on a sewing machine dustcover so, hey presto! That's what I made.

It fits over my machine beautifully so hopefully someone else will love it too.

And of course, I am never happy just making one.

I used up another small piece for this one...

And used left over scraps for two more bins to match. 

I think they would make the perfect gift for anyone setting up their sewing room.


Yesterday I spent my time finishing and mounting 5 brooches, 10 bookmarks and 5 little sheep pictures for Tilly. It is a big help to her and means she can quickly get her work into her stockists or her online Tilly Tea Dance shop. 

She has been working on new designs which I hope she will let me share with you next week.

That's me for this week.

Enjoy the sunshine!

xx Jo

12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Great work Jo - perfect for sewing rooms indeed. Look forward to seeing Maxine's new designs - I have space for another small picture in the shed. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Helen said...

what gorgeous covers for the machine - I bet someone will really love them. Look forward to seeing Maxine's new designs. Happy WOYWW and stay cool! Helen #1

Anne said...

Beautiful makes Jo. Look forward to seeing new designs from your daughter. Its too hot outdoors for me at present - never happy with the weather are we! Anne x 13

Christine said...

What super makes! Love the thread catcher . . .
Take care and stay cool
Christine #16

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in LOVE with those machine covers and I am also in love with the two bin holders that match the sewing machines. They are fabulous.

Seems you are very, very busy all the time. I guess grass never grows under your feet for any reason. Sounds like you managed to help your daughter a lot, too. Happy WOYWW from # 5.



Annie said...

Gorgeous makes Jo but I feel like we have hardly scratched the surface with the material....or it's multiplying lol.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi late today, had distractions. Loving the new projects, all useful too. Sending happy woyww wishes, Angela x15x

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the sewing machine covers and your new hanging bins - so tempted to get another, just thinking where I can put it :)
Hugs Angela #3

Kelly said...

Good morning, Jo!
Ohhh I do love the pink and that sewing machine fabric is adorable! Would be lovely in my sewing-themed junk journals. I do agree that one piece just screamed 'Use me!' Creative Blessings! Kelly #19

Neet said...

KM goodness you have been busy.
those machine covers are gorgeous - love the first one, something about that centre section does it for me.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Very productive week, love the sewing machine fabric and that motif on the pocket is super cute!! Hope you have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #17

Back2OurSmallCorner said...


Hello Jo. After a Summer away from blogging,I'm now catching up with everyone. I loved the last two twiddlers you made - Under the sea and the Poppy fields. They were lovely. You have also been very busy sewing lots of other beautiful projects -the hang about bins, bookmarks, tissue box covers and the machine covers.
Seems creativity runs in your family and Ben's drawings and paintings are really good. He has a real gift for detail.
The last time we visited Shrewsbury was in the Spring so another visit is due soon. The Dingle was a lovely place to spend time in.
Happy crafting.
Beverley (formally meandmysmallcorner)