Wednesday 13 December 2023

WOYWW

 Good morning all! 

Well, it's been another busy week 

I have been gift making but can't share them in case my friends are peeping.

So I have been sorting my Christmas bits and bobs and came across a box with some of my old cards, sent by my lovely friends and family who always make their own beautiful cards.


They are just too nice not to save. What do you do with your special cards? As you can see, I framed the tiny cross stitch that Jan made for one of my cards. It sits on my sewing room windowsill.

I love squeezing in a bit of crafting time in between all the build up to Christmas activities .

I managed to make a few little gift tags to pop on my gifts. It's just strips of my left over fabrics spritzed up with a bit of gold machine embroidery.

I have now cleaned up all the snippy, thready mess in my sewing room. 

It looks quite respectable but won't last the day! I shall be back snipping and sticking in every spare moment. It's good for the mind.😀

Well that's it for this week 

I hope you are all enjoying your pre Christmas fun.

x x x Jo 

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Those cards are indeed too lovely to throw away Jo. I keep all my special cards too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWWW. Sarah #1

Helen said...

I've got bags of cards going back years.. not just the handmade ones; they take up a lot of space I don't have! Well done getting some crafting in among the Christmas "stuff"! Happy WOYWW helen #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Having had a sneaky peek of the things you’ve made for prezzies all I can say is Lucky Recipients, they’re gorgeous!! I’d forgotten all about that little cross stitch tree, I really enjoyed making those cards - you have some beauties in that pile. Love the tags too, such a clever idea, do you use an old machine for stitching on card or just use what’s available?!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Catriona said...

Lovely display of cards Jo and I like your tags-great idea. Catriona

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh what a pleasure to go through old cards! I love the idea of you popping in and out of your sewing room to rustle up some tags and bits and bobs,the tags are a lovely, the gold thread really makes them into little treasures.

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your Christmas tag, what a super idea. Not sure my machine does stitching that fancy! I took a screenshot Incas I don get to do it this side of Christmas 🤣. Happy WOYWW. Angela #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your cards made me smile, obviously I'm not the only one that keeps old cards but only the hand made ones. You never know when you might need some inspiration. The tags are a good idea too. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x10x

Neet said...

In the throes of tidying places up and sorting things out for the new furniture arriving (just in case the old ends up sitting there as well) I came across a box of very very old cards I had saved. I went through them and saved one or two but decided that one day someone will throw them all away so why not do it myself. So I scanned them all and then got rid of some to charity where they make new cards from old (well bundled up ready for them). Now I have room for the less aged, like me.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx
ps thank you for your beautiful card Jo. xx

Annie said...

Sounds like we have both been having a tidy up. I’m not sure what I will do next but for now am too busy with Nanny Annie duties to get creative.
Hugs,
Annie x

Susan Renshaw said...

I too have a collection of received cards - but not so big as before the move to Aus. I had to dispose of some, but the boxes are building up again. One or two I have framed, some I have upcycled but most I have kept! I do receive some cards that are handmade and intended to share with nothing written in them. I usually donate these to charity. Happy WOYWW! Susan #5

Lynnecrafts said...

Beautiful cards and your tag is gorgeous! Many thanks for your review of my novel, Jo.
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

I have rather a large box of cards, both handmade and others that just hold special memories. My daughter has a box of her own as well.
Your gift tags are very pretty and will make any gift really special for the recipient. Have a good weekend x

BJ said...

OH WOW a pink office chair, I could do with that in my craft corner... Have a great Christmastime Hugs BJ#17