Wednesday 6 December 2023

WOYWW

 Another week, another Wednesday.

The weeks are flying by and Christmas will soon be upon us.

Last week we had our play day with Jan.

Of course, we chatted lots, so, by the end of the day, not much crafting had been done 

Here is my little tray with the bits I had made...


But, I was in the mood to finish my project and over the next few days, I did just that....wait for it.....

Tada! 

We were inspired by the work of Gina Ferrari, a lovely textile artist. I have followed her blog and on FB for years. If you fancy learning how to make one of these, she has an online course .

Last Friday, I helped Max set up her latest craft stall at our new, local Primary school. It was a lovely evening and she made enough to make it well worth the effort.

So that me for this week.

In my spare moments I have been reading Lynne's (Lynnecraft) book - A Sense For Silver. It's a a really good read and would make a good stocking filler, I think. Thanks Lynne, I am looking forward to your next one. 

x x Jo 

13 comments:

Helen said...

glad you had a lovely day with Jan, just been reading her report! the stall looks great, glad Max had a successful time with it. Happy WOYWW Helen #?

Julia Dunnit said...

Maxine's stand looked great, how nice to have such local support too, I can see the day job might be in jeopardy soon! I love the wreath Jo, am always attracted by anything with a strong outline and stitching like this is no exception. I shall be visiting GFs blog for some more eye candy, thanks for the link.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The stall looks lovely, pleased it went well. Loving the wreath too. Will pop over to GF's blog later for a look at what she does. Happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It was such a wonderful day, you’re so generous with time and patience, I had a fab time and learned loads! I really have enjoyed the free machining and will definitely do it again xx. Max’s stall looked great, I’m so glad she did well!
Hugs LLJ 9 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Oh what a lovely project that is!! Bet you had fun with Jan. Max's stall looks lovely, glad she did well. Have a good week, love n hugs, Cindyxx #12

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Fun Post Jo, Loving your wreath, such great elements. Of course Max's display is gorgeous. Love her art. Enjoy a great week. Having some great weather here.

Annie said...

I love that our three wreaths are all so different…didn’t we have a fab time? So glad Max did so well at the craft fair.
Hugs,
Annie x

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous wreath Jo. It is indeed a beauty to behold. Well done to Max for her day. You can never tell at these events. My son did one the other day, hardly anybody about and it was freezing! Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Christine said...

what a beautiful wreath, so pretty.
Well done both of you for setting up a cracking stall.
Have a good week
Christine #16

Spyder said...

The wreath looks amazing! Very colourful and pretty. And the stall, very inviting! Hope you have a great week!Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#18

Lindart said...

Your wreath turned out beautifully! What fun to have met up with the girls! The Tilly Tea Dance display looks wonderful, I'm glad it was successful! Lindart #19

Lynnecrafts said...

I hope your cold gets better soon, as well. My recipe was lots of hot honey, lemon and ginger, Lemsip tablets, a long, hot bath and white tiger balm to breathe overnight as a chest rub.
That is a beautiful wreath, Jo. I’m so glad you enjoyed my book. I’m writing a sequel but I’m at the stage where the characters are pulling me in different directions so don’t know how long it will take.
Your stall looked very appealing.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

What a fabulous wreath Jo - great result of the get together. Glad Max did well - the stall looks delightful. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3