Wednesday 18 October 2023

WOYWW

 We had a few lovely days visiting friends and the Yorkshire Dales and Moors last week. Luckily we had perfect weather, if a bit chilly by the end of the stay.

I took my friends a hang about bin for each of them...

They are not all crafters but all loved the little bin and had a variety of uses for them including...

as a bedside holder for inhaler etc, 

armchair holder for chocs and remote, 

and a knitter will love having it nearby for needles, yarn and snips etc. 

Of course some will even use them as a bin for rubbish and sweetie papers!

Before I went away I had to make sure I was up to date with workshop packs for Tilly Tea Dance ...


A friend dropped by with a bagful of wool for my twiddlers...



And finally just a few holiday snaps....

Rievaulx Abbey
On the left, the little art gallery in the Old School at Muker where Max has some of her sheep themed  artwork on sale. The lovely owner said it sells really well up there in the Dales.
A couple of shady customers by the pond in the sunshine!

Have a good week all.
x x Jo 

14 comments:

Helen said...

Great photos from your trip -Julia has us all doing shadow pics these days! Glad your friends will all find such varied uses for the hang about bins!
Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you had a good time Jo. I am looking forward to a class with Max at the start of half term. I bet your friends loved their hang about bins. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

My name is Cindy said...

Lovely colourful craft pics, those hangabouts will get well used for sure. Looks like you had a good break and caught some Autumn sunshine. Lovely. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #9

Neet said...

Love the suggestions for the hang outs - the chocs and remote comes top for me - minus the remote!
Lovely photos, glad you enjoyed it.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Those little bins make great presents and how useful are they proving?! I’m so glad you had good weather Oop North, it’s such a beautiful part of the world, we got to know it very well when we lived in Northallerton. I’m not surprised that Tilly’s sleepy pics sell well up there!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Glenda said...

Those little bins would come in handy for me. My chair in the living room always needs someplace to put a remote and some sweets. What a sweet gift! Hope you have a great rest of the week!
Glenda #15

Annie said...

I can see why the girls loved their hang about Jo…gorgeous colours. I’m glad you had a lovely few days away and the weather was kind to you.
Hugs,
Annie x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Fun post Jo, outside Nature always a few fun things. Great outdoor photos. Loving the colors in your top photos. Have a fun week, great weather here.

Christine said...

Love all the different uses for the hangabouts . . . good to know they are appreciated
have a good week
Christine #17

Crafting With Jack said...

I am very happy with my hangabouts and find them so useful. Love the colours of the wool. The last photograph is intriguing. It reminds of the “people” shapes in art journaling. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a considerate gift to give to holiday friends. So many uses other than what was intended.

Wow on that yarn. I love the colors.

Such great photos of The Dales. I've heard about them from All Creatures Great and Small on TV. Just stunning photos. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Late today so going round as quick as poss. Loving the photos and the waste bags, very useful. Take care and happy woyww, Angela x14x

Julia Dunnit said...

Loving the look of those shady characters! You really did have beautiful blue skies, how lovely. And how lovely to be able to go 8m to a gallery and see your baby gal's artwork for sale, what a boost, huh! I don't know why, but I do love to see any workshop packs ready and waiting, but these for Max are so soft, tactile and such beautiful colours..would take me a while to actually break into it!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

So many uses for your lovely little bins. I'm sure they will be well used by your friends.
Love those two shady characters!