Wednesday 3 May 2023

WOYWW

 Good morning all.

Welcome to our WOYWW desk hop - if you need to know more, pop over to Julia's Stamping Ground.

We have been desk hopping for nearly 14 years and I have been busy sorting my anniversary ATCs.

Annie and I have made 14 each and will be posting them together, as usual, this year.

I think we have all the names for those of you who have asked to swap. 

I will reveal all nearer the time!

This week I had a little sort out - some of my boxes hadn't seen the light of day for years.

For example, I found this little gem hidden away in a box labelled WIP.

I remember buying a kit and making this picture using free machining and melting fabric with a soldering iron. I think I really should do something with it. Maybe frame it?


And finally, my latest little twiddler with a Shrewsbury Town Football Club theme. 

The names are all footballers playing in the 60s. ( I actually remember going to matches with my Dad and seeing them play!)

So that's it for this week.

I hope you have a lovely Coronation weekend.

Tilly has a workshop on Saturday so I will be helping out, but may have time to see a bit of the pomp and ceremony on tv.


xx Jo

14 comments:

Helen said...

Great twiddler. Hope Tilly's workshop goes well and you get to see some of the ceremony . I shall be watching all day! Happy WOYWW Helen #?

Sarah Brennan said...

What a gorgeous piece of work Jo - well worth a frame. Hope you manage to see some of the Coronation and that Max's workshop goes well. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Lynn Holland said...

Super twiddler Jo, the recipient is show to love it.
Hope you’ve got some nice plans for the weekend. Fingers crossed the rain holds off
Lynn xx8

Tracy said...

Oh my Jo, such detail in that picture ⭐️ stunning it is 🥰 most definitely needs to be out on show in a frame 🖼 To your Twiddler and the special memories it brought you ⭐️ your work always inspires every single week ❤️ Wishing you and Tilly a wonderful workshop on Saturday... wishing I stated closer to take part 😊 much love and hugs Tracy #10 xxx P.S I answered your email with my address 🤸‍♀️ exciting 🥰💛❤️

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous piece Jo and loving the new Twiddler too. Hope the workshop goes well. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x6x.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It’s definitely worth framing, I thought so when you showed me it the other day - too nice just to put back in a box! The twiddler is fantastic and made me smile, I suspect a lot of STFC would like that to have. Hope Tilly’s workshop goes well!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

You’ll be inciting fighting over twiddlers with that one! Love it, and the STFC banner is a great texture addition. I shall be like Helen, hoping for a dry day so that the telly can be on all day and the patio doors open so I can do some planting or something useful while it all happens! Am sure the workshop will be great, and probably not full of republicans!

Lynnecrafts said...

That picture is glorious, Jo! I definitely think it should be framed. Your footie twiddler will be brilliant for a supporter.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13

Annie said...

Thanks for our evening catch up last night....It's always good to get together.
Hugs,
Annie x

meandmysmallcorner said...


Some lovely little crafty projects Jo. This weeks twiddler is perfect for a Shrewsbury Town footie fan and I think your linen embroidered cards and covered journal are so pretty.

Crafting With Jack said...

Great twiddler and the machine emboiece. Thank you for your visit. I haven’t been able to open Julia’s site for some reason so no number ! Happy WOYWW. Angela CWJ

Neet said...

What a fantastic Twiddle, the colours make it so eye catching. Well done on getting all those names on too.
Love the little WIP - yes, yes, yes, definitely frame it. ~it is worthy of a frame and it should have pride of place sometime somewhere in your home. It is so beautiful.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx
not Covid, did a test last week - seen doctor now - steroids and anti-bi's
xx

Spyder said...

Oh yes, you must frame it, its amazing! Sorry for latest again! Have a great week Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #7

Susan Renshaw said...

Have you got me on your list?

Lovely twiddler!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #12