Wednesday 17 May 2023

WOYWW 14



Well, who would have thought that a simple idea, to show and tell your work desk each week, would be able to keep going for fourteen years? The answer, of course is, that it is far more than that. 

Our WOYWW activities have grown and developed over the years. We are a band of sharing, caring crafters and some wonderful friendships have been forged.

So a big thank you to Julia and also Jan, who have kept the whole show going over the years. We really appreciate it.

My ATCs are made using some beautiful, hand embroidered, table linens. I have kept them for years. And decided it was high time I used them. I hasten to add that none of the beautiful embroidery was worked by me! 

Much of the linen was stained or damaged so I didn't feel too guilty about cutting them up.

I was going to work over the pieces but once I had set them on the linen backgrounds they looked almost like a little botanical illustration. I thought the simplicity added to the beauty of the work.

I hope you like them and Annie and I have posted them with this little poem to the 14 folk who asked.

We want to share our craftiness

With all our work desk friends

We both cleared drawers and cupboards

To stash bust our odds and ends

Twiglet found linen napkins

With embroidered corners - sweet.

Wipso used her keyrings

For a perfect little treat

Thanks for all your friendship

And how you love to share

Your ideas and your artwork.
It's good to know you care

I hope WOYWW 14 is a happy one for you all!

Best wishes.

x x Jo 

17 comments:

Helen said...

Morning Jo and happy WOYWW on this anniversary week. Thank you and Annie for the atc and card and poem! Wednesdays are such happy days to look forward to. Here's to many more. Helen #5

Sarah Brennan said...

Such beautiful sentiments (and ATCs) Jo. Happy anniversary. Stay safe. Sarah #4

ukmaryanne said...

I treasure the needle felted ATC I have from many years back, but sadly don't usually get to comment so didn't get to ask for a trade. I decided to log in to google for just this week so while I am disappointed to miss out on another Twiglet/Wipso ATC I will survive :D Love the twiddlers (especially that garden one from a while ago) and the capes, and all your stitchy goodness week after week.
Happy 14th Anniversary WOYWW
Mary Anne (6)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 14th WOYWW! Lovely words Jo that sum up exactly why this link up of deskers is so much more than crafting, it’s gone way beyond that. I value our friendships so much and would miss the weekly link up if it stopped. I love your little ATC, it’s so pretty and you’re right, keeping the design simple highlighted the beautiful embroidery some some previous crafter had worked so nicely.
Thanks for your friendship and support (and sniggering….!), long may it continue,
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jo, thanks for the lovely ATC. This soon comes round again doesn't it. Your poem is beautiful. Wishing you a very happy woyww Anniversary. Hugs, Angela x15x

Julia Dunnit said...

Thank you for the beautiful ATC, I think you’re right, the linen and embroidery stand up for each other just as they are. just gorgeous. Love the poem too, you two have a knack don’t you! Have a lovely day, secured by the warmth of your WOYWW friends. 😘

Robyn said...

Happy 14th! soon as I get confirmation on your address will send you an ATC! thanks for years of friendship and inspiration
Robyn 1

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your ATCs are jaw dropping gorgeous. Simply stunning and DO look like a garden all together in that photo. What a charming poem. I love it and the card you printed it on. Happy Anniversary from # 3.

Neet said...

Thank you for your lovely ATC - it really is a beauty. Promise mine will wend its way to you asap but at the moment not very capable of stamping.
Hugs, Neet 14 xx

Caro said...

What lovely ATCs and I love the poem. Happy WOYWW anniversary. Here's to friendship spanning across the web. Take care of yourself. With love & God Bless, Caro xx (#16)

Elizabeth said...

Hello Jo, your ATCs are all gorgeous, including the one you sent me. A lovely way of ensuring the embroidery continues to be treasured. Loved the poem too. Here's to many more years of friendship through Julia's blog. Hugs, Ellie x #27

My name is Cindy said...

Hello Jo, your lovely ATCs arrived this morning. I am sending yours to Annie as I have her address. 14 years - who would have thought!! Happy WOYWW Anniversary, love n hugs Cindy #7 xx

Tracy said...

Helloooo Jo ❤️💕ðŸĨ°ðŸĨģ I'm exciteeed for the Postie 😊 such a beautiful post filled with words from the heart ❤️ with such gorgeous ATC's ... truly beautiful 😍 I'll be stalking the Postie 🙃ðŸĪŠ our lovely Postie has left so things have been delayed a bit the last wee while. Thank you for all the beauty you share each week ... never a time I don't swoon over what you've created or over the supplies for the workshops ðŸĨ°ðŸ’•❤️😍 Sending much love and hugs Tracy #11 xxxx

Anne said...

Hello Jo. It is lovely to be here on this anniversary of WOYWW. Your ATC's are beautiful. Love the poem. Take care. Anne x 20

pearshapedcrafting said...

So pleased to be part of this lovely group of deskers. Your ATCs look fabulous, I didn't even manage to make one this year! Hugs, Chrisx #26

BJ said...

What a super way to use embroidered linens when the main cloth is spoilt. Happy anniversary Hugs BJ#18

Susan Renshaw said...

The embroidery looks beautiful!
Happy 14th!
Susan #21