Wednesday, 22 July 2026

WOYWW

 Good morning all.

Last week I was out with Tilly setting up her exhibition at  Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre at Craven Arms. All went well and it really did look wonderful. It was very bright and photos were difficult to take of her fifty needle felted pictures along two walls. I did take a snap of her table top small items.

She managed to sell her first picture before it had even been hung on the wall!  So that bodes well for future sales.

Today I've been mounting a few remaining pieces.

Before...

After....

I think they will go to a local outlet 

Lastly, I thought I'd share this gorgeous bloom with you. It must be nearly ten years old and I don't do much to look after it but it still blooms each time.

So that's it for this week.

We are still trying to stay cool, although it has been slightly more comfy this week 

Have a good week all 

x x Jo 🌈 

8 comments:

Helen said...

Great work on Tilly's display, I hope her sales are huge! It's definitely cooler here this week, which is lovely! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Those a beautiful. That Orchidea is gorgeous, and they're supposed to be difficult to keep. Happy WOYWW!

Annie said...

Exhibition looks wonderful and so does your orchid.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, don’t those works of Tilly’s look great on the wall, you did a fab job of mounting and framing! Hope the sales continue to do well. Love that orchid, that’s so beautiful - I have the kiss of death with house plants lol!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Catriona said...

I was helping Leanne yesterday at a charity food event at a Bowling Club about 25 miles away. I was mainly the table clearer and dishwasher which was a very warm job! They made about £400 and are set to do it again today but I’m not needed thank goodness. Tilly Tea Dance display looks great-you are a good team. Catriona

Lynnecrafts said...

Tilly’s felted pictures look gorgeous, I hope they sell well. Your framing is beautiful, too and your orchid is gorgeous. I thought orchids were supposed to be tricky to look after. Do you water it with rainwater?
Sadly Two Doors Studio in Alsager has had to close, I think it’s because the landlord is going to use the property for flats or something.
Happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 8 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely felted pictures, it makes me so happy as a retired Textiles teacher to see people keeping these old techniques alive. I've been doing some needle felting for a while with a lovely group on-line. I normally make the 3D fungi but have done a picture this week. On top of that an Orchid with age, I've grown these for years and have some oldies but so many people let them flower and then give up on them which is such a shame as it's really not that difficult to make them flower again. Have a great week, hugs Angela x10x

Kyla said...

ooh yes, looks really good and hope Tilly sold loads, love the orchid too. Kyla