Wednesday 10 April 2024

WOYWW

Well, last week flew by with time spent with friends and family and, sadly, a funeral.

This week is unusual as hubby has been away for a few days so I have been free to roam! Nothing exciting but nice not to have get meals etc. 

Today I am out for brunch and then decorating my wedding anniversary cake. When I was young I thought it was old folk who celebrated their Golden but somehow now that's me! We are not having a do but have invited friends and family for cake and a celebratory drink over the weekend. Then we plan on lots of nice days and meals out with them over the next few weeks.

The only crafty activity has been a bit of dyeing for Tilly. I found a new use for my net veg bags....



They were perfect for containing the wool, fluff and curls while they dry on my washing line 

I am sure Tilly will love them and make good use of the results for her pictures and workshops 

So that's me for this week 

Have a good week. See you next week.

x x Jo 



13 comments:

Helen said...

Congratulations on your upcoming Golden wedding! You must have been a child bride...!! Enjoy the celebrations.

Love the bags of fluffy stuff for Tilly!
Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Busy as ever! hope the family get together goes well. Happy Golden Wedding. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x7x

My name is Cindy said...

Oh wow congratulations on your upcoming golden wedding anniversary - tha sure is something!! The wool colours are all so pretty, bet Till will be over the moon with them. Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindy xx #10

Neet said...

How lovely to be celebrating so many years of wedded bliss. I think the plans you have sound to be perfect. My kind of celebration. It will be good to have several little get togethers with friends and family. Congratulations!
Great idea for the vegetable bags. Resourceful!
Hugs, Neet xx

Annie said...

Love the dying bags...the one at the front looks just like sphagnum moss. Looking forward to a bit of celebration :-)
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Lynnecrafts said...

Congratulations on your Golden wedding anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Your dyeing looks good.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 3 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Still only making quick visits. Happy anniversary. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #13

Crafting With Jack said...

Congratulations on your upcoming Golden wedding, just over two to go for mine. My sister and her husband bought us a frame for our 25th, but her husband ordered the engraving- just over two years before I can display it🤣🤣.
Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

Lindart said...

Happy Golden Anniversary! We are having our 40th this year and I really like your idea of having a few friends over and a cake. Perfect! Hope you enjoy yours! We will need to see pics of course! Your dyed wool is beautiful, and what a great idea to use the mesh bags. Have a wonderful week, Lindart #15

Elizabeth said...

A Golden Anniversary! Congratulations! Your plans to celebrate sound perfect to me. Time with family is precious. That's a great use for the net bags. Enjoy the week ahead. Hugs, Ellie x #14

Julia Dunnit said...

How marvellous to achieve the Golden, congrats and much love to you Jo, what a journey! Of course, the other surprising thing about your post is that you're actually using your washing line....I haven't used my outdoor line at all this year and am very fed up about it!!

BJ said...

Great use for the veg bags and those dyed colours are awesome. Congrats on your Golden Anniversary. Hugs BJ#6

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Congratulations on your upcoming Golden Wedding Anniversary. I hope the celebrations are just perfect for the two of you. Have a wonderful day.