Wednesday 5 April 2023

WOYWW

 April already!

Goodness, how time flies these days.

I thought I would share my spare work table this week....



I had a little visitor for a sleepover and we had a special job to do, ready for his Mum's birthday later this month. It's lovely to have quality time with him. He is an early riser, so we actual finished our task at 6.30 am when we were both bright eyed and full of creativity!! 

I will have to show you his finished work after the event, just in case she checks out my blog 

And then, for those of you who love quilting, here are just a few of the fab quilts we saw at Powis Castle. . . .









We could only take photos of the ones hanging in the gallery. The rest of the Kaffe Fassett quilts were arranged around the castle rooms on beds, chairs etc and looked splendid in situ. The colours were so vibrant and perfectly matched the colours and themes of the rooms.

So that's it for this week.

Have a Happy Easter everyone.

x x Jo 


11 comments:

Helen said...

That's an early crafting session! very studious expression too. the quilts are just gorgeous, thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Annie said...

Lovely to see your little crafter at work Jo. Those quilts are stunning.
Hugs,
Annie x

Neet said...

The third quilt down is my favourite - what a lovely riot of colour. I think it is one of the nicest quilts I have ever seen.
Lovely to see young Ben working away with his gran making a gift for mum. It must be such a lovely feeling to be fostering a love of your crafting in your grandson.
Hugs, Neet xx 1

Sarah Brennan said...

Good to see the next crafty generation at work Jo. Fabulous quilts. Happy Easter. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Opposite to me with early rising, Jo, love to see such concentration.

Astounded by the beauty of those quilts it would've been lovely too in situ, too.

Thanks for Sharing, God bless and all those you love, a very happy WOYWW!
Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x


{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How lovely to have Ben crafting with you, but that might have been a bit early for me lol! The quilts are sooooo gorgeous, the third one in is my favourite, I could live with that! Thanks for sharing the pics asit’s unlikely I’ll get there myself.
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

I’ve been to a Gassett exhibition, it was stunning and the want to wrap yourself in the colours was very great! Beautiful quilts you’ve photographed….are the photos to remind you of the quilts you want to make?! Lovely to see your beautiful grand boy at work..I know his Mum will be thrilled by your collusion!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I know I certainly wouldn't be very lively at that time in the morning. never been an early bird. Beautiful patchwork quilts, love them. Happy creative woyww, Angela x7x

meandmysmallcorner said...

Those quilts look stunning. Thank you for sharing.
How lovely to spend some early morning crafting with a special young person :-)
Happy Easter to you Jo x

Crafting With Jack said...

6:30 is verily for me to be awake, let alone finished a task .a lovely crafting session I am sure. The quilts are marvellous. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Tracy said...

Hellooo Jo ๐ŸŒˆ such a beautiful way to spend the early morning together ❤️ I'm looking forward to seeing what he created for his Mum's special day ⭐️ Those quilts are absolutely stunning, the colours so vivid ๐ŸŒˆ what a treat to see them in person ๐Ÿฅฐ I had a catch up on your last post ... I think you're pretty amazing with your Twiddlers ⭐️ to see it go from ... naked ( which is gorgeous ๐Ÿ˜˜) toooo adorned with your magic and creativity... just wow ... fabuuulous ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Sending much love and hugs, have a wonderful Easter weekend, Tracy #9 xxxx