Wednesday 6 April 2022

 Good morning all.

These weeks fly by and here we are in April already.

It's been a busy few days - trying to make the best of nice weather for a trip to Attingham and lunch out and then to complete a little task Max's bestie brought for me. (See last photo).

Firstly, I thought you might like to see the latest "under the sea" twiddler....


It was my hubby's idea to put a mermaid in it. She is sitting amongst the seaweed and coral beside her treasure box. (I know - it's totally over the top but I loved doing it and it might put a smile on someone's face - who knows!)
And then,

Note to self - find out exactly what you are being asked to do before you say yes!!!

The "little job" was to make new covers for seat cushions. Foolishly, I imagined a nice little sewing job like I did here.

But no, it was to re-cover seat pads -  a totally different job requiring tools and  hours of staple pulling, re- padding, renewing fabric and lots of STAPLING!!!!!

I was pleased with the result - I just hope they fit the chairs.


So that's it for this week.

Enjoy this lovely Spring weather.

xx Jo

9 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the twiddler Jo and the seat pads have turned out great. We have the stuff to do ours but I must admit to putting off the job lol. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

Love the mermaid!! well done on recovering the seat pads. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Annie said...

The mermaid is fantastic Jo and I’m certain the seat pads will be gratefully received.
Hugs,
Annie x

Tracy said...

Beeeautiful mermaid Jo 🧜‍♀️ well done on getting the seat pads re done! Have a good week ahead love and hugs Tracy #15 xxxx

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, the mermaid mitt is spectacular and I'm sure all those details will really captivate the recipient - it's a work of art. You deserve a gold star for tackling the chair seats, it's not an easy job at all - you've made them look very professional.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana xx #13

Crafting With Jack said...

Your new twiddler is guaranteed to bring a smile, it’s gorgeous. Happy WOYWW. Angela #5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That new Twiddler certainly put a smile on my face, it's brilliant! Wishing you a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

Lynnecrafts said...

That is a spectacular mermaid, Jo! I’m terrible at under-estimating jobs as well. I’m glad the seat covers worked out ok.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 2

Neet said...

Looks like you have done a great job on the seats. Home upholstering now to add to the cv.
Oh dedar, the |Twiddler is not over the top it is just perfect and I love your mermaid, she really sets the scene.
Hugs, Neet xx