Wednesday 16 February 2022

WOYWW

 


Happy WOYWW to all who pop in to see me today!
Just two little photos to share with you today.
Above is my latest little knittie - just using up the leftover yarn (well, and a little bit more that I had to purchase when I ran out of leftovers!) 
I think the little flower buttons just finish it off nicely.

Below is the contents of a little bag of goodies that I found in the local charity shop.
It is supposed to be a kit for making a knitting needle holder but I doubt I shall use it for that. There are two lovely toning fat quarters and lots of extra bits and bobs which will all get used at some time in my sewing room - a bargain for £2.99 I think.

Well that's it for this week.

I have admin for Tilly to do and then Ben has requested an outfit for Book Week after half term. He thinks he would like to be Saucepan Man from Enid Blyton's Faraway Tree adventure. Never a dull moment here - luckily I have lots of silver fabric and stiffening to make saucepans and a hat.

Take care all - I hope you are all well and looking forward to a bit of Spring-like weather when we get past the gales for this week.

xx Jo

13 comments:

Helen said...

what a cute cardi - even if you had to buy new wool to finish up the leftovers and now you have more leftovers... that made me smile! good luck with the Book Week costume for Ben, I bet you'll make something magic. Happy WOYWW Helen # ?

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I can't wait to see the Saucepan Man outfit! Knowing you, it'll be amazing! That's a nice find from the charity shop, I'm just not one for going around those places, more fool me really as you can find some gems.
Thank you soooo much for the notebooks, they really are fab, I'm taking them down to the cafe this week.
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

A lovely little cardigan and a great find in the charity shop! Ben's so lucky to have you make his costume! I'm sure it's gonna be amazing. I saw your beach hut notebook covers on Jan's blog - they're so cute! Have a lovely week! xx zsuzsa #7

Neet said...

Nice cardigan and the dressing u outfit for Ben sounds as if it will be a work of art. We all know how good you are when it comes to things like this - looking forward to seeing Saucepan Man.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Lynn Holland said...

Lovely bit of knitting missus. Hope your week is a good one
Lynn xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Sweet little cardigan and a good bargain from the charity shop. I love charity shops, you never know what you are going to find! Angela #9

My name is Cindy said...

Sweet little cardi - I like the yoke detail. What a bargain - yes I'm sure you'll find a use for it - would be rude not to have bought it!! Loved the bookcovers you made Jo, saw them on Jan's post. Happy WOYWW, love n hugs, Cindyxx #15

Catriona said...

The cardi is lovely but I’m interested to see what you make with your charity shop bargain. Happy crafting.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Such a sweet little cardi and yes the buttons are perfect. The goodie bag looks useful. The weather here was lovely this morning but it's now very windy. Take care and wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x8x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous cardigan and what a bargain your wee bag of goodies was 💕❤🤗 charity shops are like treasure troves! Loving that your going to create Saucepan man 🤩 wishing you much joy in the creating. Same here, listening to the wind howling as I type ... here's to calmer weather for us all. Sending hugs, be safe Tracy xxx#25

Sharon Madson said...

Love your knitted piece, so pretty. Great bargain pieces. I haven't been to a thrift shop since covid started. I think I should go see what prizes I can find. Hugs. #21

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely bit of knitting!
That's a great package from the charity shop!

Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #10
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Spyder said...

Thankfully, the gales weren't too bad here. Only a few trees down along with fences too. Love the knitting. I have found some knitting patterns with wool and needles etc at our late Lady Pam's home. They will probably go to charity but I'm really inching to have a go! Happy very Late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#19