Wednesday 8 December 2021

WOYWW

 Well folks - where did last week go?

As you know, I was busy sewing for Maxine...

Two matching Roman blinds


Then, a re-fit of her own linen basket for her room.

She dreamt up the design using curtaining and an inexpensive frame which had previously had fabric shelves fixed in it.

I was tasked to remake the hanging bag that fits inside.


I also made a plain small cushion cover too. About three days work in total!

Needless to say she was pleased with my efforts.

These are my latest festive twiddlers.



I have a nativity one to finish and then I will pop them down to the hospital so that they can be given out before Christmas.

I hope you are all staying safe and well and not suffering too much with this chilly, wild weather.

We are fine but I will be glad when it warms up a bit - or maybe just a few bright sunny days will do.


Have a good week all.

xx Jo




13 comments:

Helen said...

well the blinds look amazing and so does the linen basket, clever re-purposing there. fab twiddlers!! happy WOYWW Helen #?

Annie said...

I can see why Max was pleased with your efforts...it’s all really fab as it the latest Christmas twiddler....what talent. So proud of you I’m sis.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh you did a great job with the laundry basket, I can see what you mean about stiffening the bottom now (or-er missus!!) Love your festive twiddlers too, they’re such fun and will make someone very happy indeed!
HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a great idea to make a matching linen basket! Both the curtain and the basket look professionally made. Lovely new twiddler as well. Hope you're well, Jo. Happy #653! xx zsuzsa #14

Christine said...

lovely bit of stitching there, like the fabric.
I am not enjoying this weather either, good job I shop early for Christmas . . . or do I just dig out the same old, same old . . . . it's new to me!!!
Have a good week and stay warm
Christine #18

Elizabeth said...

It's 3 degrees here today, Jo, so I've little hope of it getting any warmer now. We even had some light snow yesterday. Anyway, love all your makes. The blind and linen basket are fab, beautiful fabric. And, if course, the Christmas twiddlers are amazing. They will be popular. Have a good week, keep warm and stay well. Hugs, Ellie x #16

Lynnecrafts said...

Time is whizzing past, it’s true. Love your blinds and your laundry basket.
The twiddles are fab and will surely cheer up people in hospital
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. I love that fabric. Very stylish. The Christmas Twiddlers are wonderful. You are so clever. Ali x #17

Sarah Brennan said...

What fab blinds and matching laundry basket Jo. The twiddlers look great too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Neet said...

Fab Roman blind and laundry basket, what pretty fabric Maxine chose.
Love your Christmas Twiddlers - please don't forget to take a photo of the nativity one for next week.
Hugs, neet 3 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to see you finished the blinds and loving the new Twiddlers too. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x10x

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely festive twiddlers. A great job with the blinds and basket. Happy WOYWW Angela #15

Julia Dunnit said...

I agree Jo, some bright sunny days would make the cold a little more bearable! Lovely lovely job on the blinds, I bet Maxine’s as pleased as punch, the fabric is lovely and her room must look great. Three days is super good…you can never be accused of not applying yourself!