Wednesday 3 November 2021

Good morning all.
I love this crisp Autumn weather don't you? 
(Well it's better than the torrential rain we have had over the last weekend!)

My craft room has seen a hive of activity over the last week.....


Chaos rules!
I am busy sorting, coding and packing Maxine's artwork for her Tilly Tea Dance exhibition at the Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre in Craven Arms. It is very time consuming and I get in a tizz trying to keep tracks on it all. I am sure, as they say, "It will be alright on the night!"

I even managed a real treat last Saturday.
Tilly Tea Dance asked me to join her for the day at her workshop at Bayston Hill Shrewsbury.
It is only a couple of miles away so I was able to get there nice and early and to stay late and help her pack away.
We had a lovely day - it's such a treat just to enjoy her company and see her in "action" (Proud Mum here).
We were also joined by Sarah B so that was lovely. Good to see her and catch up on her news.

We felt we should mask up for this photo...


 but Max asked one of our other crafters to take a snap of all three of us...




We both had fun needle felting our bluebell pictures .....


Sarah didn't want to show hers as she is giving it as a gift soon.


Lots more crafting going on - any suggestions what I can recycle these cot bumpers into? 
I made it for Ben's cot and I guess it's been sitting in a cupboard for the last few years.



There are ten lovely beach hut collages and it seems a shame to dump them. ( LLJ - maybe I could make something for your RNLI shop?)

So that's me for this week.
Have a good week.

xx Jo





14 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

It was a fabulous day and so good to catch up and learn something new too Jo. I think I may be hooked. Each of those beach huts would make a great individual picture on a tote bag I think. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

great to see some pics of you and Sarah at the workshop, it does sound and look fun,having seen Max's video she put on FB. the beach huts are great fun, I hope you find something to turn them into for good use. Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Annie said...

So glad your felting tun went well...lovely to see Sarah too. I’m sureJan will know what sells best but the little beach huts would look great on bags.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How lovely to see crafters getting together again!! I think that’s wonderful and you all look so incredibly well - your picture is quite beautiful! Those beach huts are fun aren’t they? Putting nine together for a cushion front maybe (depending on size), or four could be used as sides for a doorstop or pockets on tote bags, or even square bunting?! I agree though, they’re too good to go to waste!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

So lovely to see photos of the needle felting day - the bluebell wood is stunning and those are lovely photos of the three of you. Love the beach huts - they would look fab on a beach bag.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana xx #9

Neet said...

Bunting came to mind with me for the beach huts. Whatever you do it will be lovely.
Glad you had a good day at the workshop. Lovely photo and gorgeous make.
Hugs, Neet 12 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

I think the beach huts would be a great addition to any collage, or as appliqué on one of Jan’s bags! Beautiful felting. Happy WOYWW Angela #14

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw a double treat on Sunday, Sarah thinks she’s hooked so it went well!! It looks like quite a big job to get ready for a show, and I’m sure that even if you think it’s not, everything will be under control in your capable hands. The cot bumper is adorable, like you, I’m sure there’s life in those beach huts yet, even if you take them off and appliqué them to hand towels. Or as they’re quilted, maybe a soft tote bag or too for transporting the nappies and bottles and stuff! I’ve no doubt that your final decision will be fab!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Yes I do love this crisp, sunny fall weather. Try to go outside and enjoy as too soon ice will be here. Those little huts are adorable and I'm glad you will recycle them. Also great to see the photos of you 3 and Tilly's work is always unique. Enjoy a great week

Caro said...

Lovely to see the photo of the three of you, and your bluebell picture is gorgeous. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, With love & God bless, Caro xxx (#16)

Catriona said...

How lovely to see you and Sarah with Maxine. I would love to attend one of her workshops when times are safer. What a busy time helping Tilly Tea Dance you are having-it’s such a pleasure to be able to do something you love. 💕

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jo, loving your felting project and so pleased you all had a good time. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, hugs Angela x17x

Lynnecrafts said...

How lovely to go to a workshop- your bluebell felt picture is gorgeous! Your beach hut bunting was fab. Definitely too good to waste.
Take care and have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13

Shoshi said...

You have been super busy, Jo! It looks as if you all had a wonderful time with the needle felting day. I adore the bluebell woods - my absolute favourite thing in the spring! I think the little beach huts could be cut apart and made into bunting.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #18