Wednesday 5 December 2018

WOYWW

Good morning all!
I'm back - not that I have been anywhere - just absent from WOYWW and busy with "work".

The craft fairs etc with Tilly Tea Dance last week went really well. It was lovely to hear all the positive feedback from her workshops and to see folks smile as they walked towards her Tilly Tea Dance stall. Click here to see what we were up to. Tilly Tea Dance at the craft fair

My latest crafty activities have been little dressing up outfits for friends and family.
Ben needed a Woody outfit for a Disney themed birthday party....



He already has the jeans and yellow checked shirt so I think these will just finish off his outfit nicely!

 My friend's granddaughter wanted a witchy cape and a Red Riding Hood cloak.


All I would say is.... don't ever ask me to sew slippery crushed velvet again. A simple job became a nightmare! It looks Ok and I am sure they will love it. Cheap isn't always the best choice - it was probably intended as drape/display fabric. OR my sewing skills have been seriously lacking in the velvet department!

So, that's it for this week.
Today is a fun day with Ben day so I will try and check out your desks later in the week.
I bet you are all busy with C cards - I really must plan mine - I have bought the stamps - lol.

xx Jo

11 comments:

Helen said...

I remember my late sister having some real trouble sewing with some slippery shiny fabrics (she made a lot of bridesmaid dresses for friends) - your results look great! Off to check out Tilly now. Helen #3

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's not the nicest of fabric to work with, I remember my Daughter having meters of that stuff in white for a college purity project she was not happy with it with many a cross being expressed!
So glad to hear the love for Tilly Tea Dance, beautiful work.
Happy WOYWW Hugs Tracey #8

glitterandglue said...

Morning Jo. Love that Woody outfit. Oh I feel for you - slippery velvet! I don't think it is anything to do with your sewing skills - more to do with the slippery stuff!!! Well done on the finished articles. Glad the craft fair went well. I do admit to loving the idea that you have bought the stamps... just need to plan and make the cards!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Annie said...

I love the latest fancy dress outfits....I just knew that cow fleece would come in handy at some point :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, love the outfits - especially the black and white edging for the the Woody outfit, that finishes off a treat. And the kids don't notice the imperfections, I bet they loved it. I share your slippery fabric shame......bleurgh!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxxx

Lynn Holland said...

Awh you are clever even if the fabric is a pain.
Lynn 13 x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Jo, I really feel for you, I agree that velvet is not easy to work with at all, and crushed velvet is the worst of all. But they look to have come out fine. Glad the Christmas fair went well, and so good for Max to get so much great feedback too. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Diana Taylor said...

Fabulous little outfits - I'm sure they will make your little people very happy. I don't like working with velvet very much but it's beauty always overrides it's temperament!
Hope you have a good week,
Diana x #20

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad the fairs went so well for Tilly Tea Dance . The costumes look great Jo and will be much appreciated. Good luck with the C cards. Sarah #4

Neet said...

0Oh Jo, you are so good with that sewing machine and your imagination - I think your fancy dress making is fabulous!
So pleased about the shows but not at all surprised - Maxine has some gorgeous things and she deserves every accolade she gets (and so do you for helping her as you do)
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Elizabeth said...

Love the dressing up outfits, Jo, especially the Woody one. Ben will have looked super cute in that. I so agree with you about the velvet - it's a nightmare to sew. Hope you enjoyed your fun day with Ben. Hugs, Ellie x #25