Friday 24 January 2014

Finished by Friday and a couple of smiles


Firstly - my two little cardigans - all finished and buttons added etc. I love this little pattern and I just think the Sirdar "Tiny Tots" wool suits them perfectly. It was a bargain from Kemps Wools - check them out they have some great offers.






Next is my old faithful Dendrobium.
I have had it for about 10 years at at some point each year it throws out these pretty little blooms.
There are 4 fully out and 3 more to come.
They are just so daintily pink!



And below is just a little chuckle for you.
Ooops - have to rush - I need a euro!!!

Subject: the British penny.
EU Directive No. 456179

In order to bring about further integration with the Single European
currency, all citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and
Northern Ireland must be made aware that the phrase
'Spending a Penny' is not to be used after 31st December 2013 ....

From this date onwards, the correct terminology will be: 
'Euronating'.

Thank you for your attention




Happy Friday!!
x Jo
 

12 comments:

Annie said...

Too late...my euro was spent too soon :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

That made me laugh out loud. I shall share it with some of my friends out here. After all, we are used to euros!
I love the little cardis too. Very pretty. Kate x

Gill Edwards said...

oh dear its been 3 weeks into 2014 and i never knew this, thanks for letting us know Lol brilliant, can i pinch it to share with others please?
those cardigans are super.
Gill x

Di said...

OMGosh Jo - I just almost spat coffee over the screen here - sooo funny :)

Hugs, Di xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The cardis are gorgeous and I love the gag at the end!!
LLJ xxx

Laura said...

Brilliant!!
And how pretty are those flowers? Gorgeous!
Laura

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

There are two worrying things about the Euronating. It could become law - Europe is just stupid enough and our politicians too cowardly to resist. The other point is that it already cost about a euro to use a lot of public loos. In the meantime, I love that one. xx Maggie

mountainear said...

Ha ha Jo! Costs 20p to pee at Euston Station.

glitterandglue said...

Brilliantly funny, Jo! Laughing out loud here in Wales.
Margaret

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Being possibly the only person from the US who is commenting today, I had to laugh at this. I applaud the Brits for keeping their monetary system, just like the US keeps their measurement system. This is possibly the funniest thing I've read this week. I'm still laughing.

Never have I seen a Dendrobium. The flowers are beautiful. You must have the greenest thumb around. I have kept house plants for years and years, but eventually I do something silly, like putting them outside too early in the year, etc. You, on the other hand, seem to have a lot more common sense (or is that CENTS).

Elizabeth said...

Brilliant post Jo, guaranteed. The little cardies are cute, the flower is gorgeous but the EU Directive had me laughing so much I had to go spend a Euro :) Elizabeth xx

BumbleVee said...

Hahahhahahha..... tha't great...... !!