Wednesday 22 August 2018

WOYWW

Good morning to all our WOYWW friends and anyone else who calls by to see what I am up to.

This week I actually used my lovely new sewing machine a few times.

Ben and I were playing clowns (not a difficult role for me to take on!!).

I decided he needed a little "outfit" - so, while he picked beans with his Grandad, I nipped to the craft room, cut out a felt waistcoat and with just 2 seams and 2 over sized buttons, made it in 5 minutes! Wonder woman!!!
I must ask Max to send a photo as, of course, he wanted to take it home to show his daddy.


I also cleared out my wardrobe and found several pairs of jeans that just needed a little alteration or two and are now totally wearable. I had forgotten they were in my wardrobe.
My table needs tidying before Tilly comes to work on it later.

You can see my latest Twiddler and some lovely yarn for Tilly to wet felt into her pictures.
Plus a lot of bits and bobs that seem to creep onto my table when I'm not looking!!
A quick ten minute sort out needed.

So, a very productive week and nice to spend a bit of time sewing.

I will pop round to a few desks later.
Have a great week.

xx Jo


18 comments:

Claire said...

It's amazing what one finds in wardrobes...
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 1

Annie said...

Love the latest twiddle mitt...that wool is gorgeous. Glad to hear you’ve enjoyed some sewing time.
Hugs,
Annie x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Jo, I bet he loved his outfit, even if it only took minutes to make. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Sarah Brennan said...

I bet loved his outfit. He'll have to come and model it so you can share a photo. Great twiddle mitt! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #21

Ellie said...

Cannot wait to see some pics. Happy woyww
Ellie #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You have such skill - don't think I could make a waistcoat with only two seams. Impressive!! It's also great that you managed to alter the jeans and are able to wear them again. It's such a waste of wardrobe space otherwise. And did I see somewhere that you're coming to the Crop? I'm so happy if you are, it'll be wonderful to meet up again!! Happy Dance :-D
Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jo, I can imagine he loved his clown outfit - clever granny. Look forward to the photo. The twiddle muff I'd lovely. Surprising what you find in a wardrobe when you go looking! Hugs, Ellie X #23

Caro said...

The twiddle muff is fantastic and I bet Ben loved his outfit. Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#19)

Helen said...

wonder woman indeed! 5 minutes... sounds like a great playtime! Helen #2

Frayed Round The Edges said...

I always seem to have something to mend or alter on my desk too. Karen 9

Anne said...

Glad you used your new machine. I wish I was that talented!! Anne x #7

Hazel said...

Beautiful twiddler. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good week. Hazel, WOYWW #20 x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jo, hope we get to see this outfit. I am going to pretend that I didn't read that you've sorted your wardrobe as I know mine needs doing Lol! Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x15x

Dorlene Durham said...

I haven’t pulled out my sewing machine in a long time and it looks like you had a lot of fun with yours. Have a great week. Dorlene #30

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous combo of colours - that twiddle mitt is a beauty. I've just gone through my wardrobe and am going to alter a few things. I'm most excited about turning two pretty t-shirts and an unused duvet cover into cushions. The duvet cover had big wooden buttons on it - I think these will look stunning on cushions. Have a happy day, Jo x

Neet said...

Wonder woman indeed! What a wonderful gran Ben has got. Hope to see the outfit via Maxine.
Hugs, Neet xx 14

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm sorry to be so late. Whoot you've got a new machine and you aren't afraid to use it! Love that you just nip into the room and whizz up a clown's waistcoat, sounds perfectly a routine thing for you to do!!

Heather M said...

Hi wonder woman Jo, sorry I'm late visiting. You make it sound so simple, pop to the craftroom and reappear five minutes later with a waistcoat! It is great fun playing with grandchildren, and I love their smiles of surprise. Have a lovely week Heather #10