As you can see - the silk is all pinned out on my frame and I have paints, brushes, palette etc all ready.
At the back, in good Blue Peter fashion, some silk painted cards that I made earlier this week.
I put wadding at the back of each little silk painting and used silver thread to embellish them.
It was a costly project as I broke 3 needles before I realised that my metallic thread was not the best and it just didn't like my machine. Once I changed to Gutterman thread it was fine.
So .... if at first you don't succeed...
This is what I have achieved so far today...
I keep my flower shapes simple because I like to free machine all the detail - assuming I don't break too many needles.
Hopefully I shall have time later to finish them and then I expect they will go in our blog shop.
I am going to whiz round a few blogs now and see what you have all been up to.
Have a good week!