Friday 5 March 2010

Upcycled tablecloth flowers.


Just a quick blog to show you my latest photo frame.

I upcycled a few of the embroidered flowers from my bargain tablecloth and added them to my embellished photo frame.

I love the colours in this one.

I have lots of flowers left and will be mostly making cards and lavender bags with the rest. Unless anyone else has a novel idea or two?


I should also say that we had a great get together today - 12 of the bloggers of the Welsh Marches, and a few others, got together for lunch and for some of us to meet for the first time. What a friendly bunch they all were and so nice to put a face to the blogging name.

I had to leave early but do hope we can repeat the get together soon.

13 comments:

French Nanny said...

Oh, this is really lovely. Gorgeous colours.

Annie said...

How lovely this frame is Twiglet. Think this one is my fav. A x

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

HI twiglet and great to meet you too.

Gez Butterworth said...

Oooh your frame is beautiful. The colours are gorgeous. :) I love your paper rose too. Glad you had a lovely meet up! Hope you have a lovely weekend. Gez.xx

BumbleVee said...

The flowers are perfect for the frame.... I love all those colours...

wow.... what fun that would be ...to find some bloggers nearby ....and to get together..... lucky you guys;....

Felted House said...

All your embroidery has really enhanced the design, it's lovely - the colours remind me of the purple crocuses and greens I can just about see in my garden! xx

Lynne said...

It's a beautiful frame. How nice to be able to meet up with fellow bloggers.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

I'ts beautiful Twiglet :) Glad you enjoyed meeting your fellow bloggers.
Anne xx

Tallis said...

fab work as always

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

WOW that is gorgeous - i'm so amazed by how you made it..... cool :D

Eiglas said...

Gorgeous project!
Hugs,
Ei
x

Angela Toucan said...

amazing frame

peggy gatto said...

Gorgeous!
I have had such fun looking at your delightful creations!!!
Now I am follower so I won't miss anything!
Take care!