Wednesday 4 September 2024

WOYWW

 Another week has flown by and I'm afraid my desk has seen very little crafty action this week.

We have been enjoying a few trips out, including a wine tasting visit to our local vineyard at Hencote.


It was an excellent tour of the vineyard and then we tasted some delicious wines. Who knew Shropshire has the perfect climate for wine making on the south facing slopes, on the northern side of Shrewsbury? 

It has a wonderful restaurant with the most amazing views across the Shropshire hills. A real treat. 

Yesterday I went with Max to take down her exhibition at Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre. There had been two long, full walls of her work in July but only a few pictures were left on one wall when we got there! She was mighty pleased with the results of her efforts.

This was one of her remaining pictures. It may end up on my wall if she doesn't want to save it for her local outlets 😃

So that's me for this week.

Have a good week all 

x x Jo 🌈 

11 comments:

Helen said...

the local vineyard sounds a real treat, hopeyou brought some more samples home to enjoy ! well done Max, that sounds a really good event. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad Max did so well, I have just signed up for her Toadstool class in February and so has a school friend of mine. Looks like the winery was interesting Jo. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I could hear the drunken singing from down here in Carmarthenshire!! Glad you had a good tour, amazing that the vineyard does so well Oop north. And hooray for Max selling so many pieces, lovely to hear, that really is a beauty xx
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

BJ said...

Well I'd certainly put it on my wall it's gorgeous. Hugs BJ#9

Annie said...

Well done Max...I'm so thrilled for her. I chuckled at Jan's comment.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lynnecrafts said...

That picture of Max’s is beautiful. I’m glad a Shropshire vineyard is doing well. Taitinger have started planting grapes for Champagne- style wine in Kent with global warming.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 xx

Neet said...

Well done to Max.
What a lovely day out you had in the vineyards of Shropshire.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sounds like a good week. Pleased that Max sold so many pieces of her work though I'm not surprised. Have a good woyww, hugs Angela x12x

Crafting With Jack said...

Well done to Max with her sales, that is a gorgeous picture, perhaps it was meant for you! Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Lisa-Jane said...

Well done to Max (and to you for your hard work too!) I'm looking forward to her next release and I think that picture has your name on it! Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #11 https://www.prettymypage.co.uk

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Well done to Max. Her work is always lovely and I'm not surprised it nearly all got sold.
Hope you enjoyed the wine tasting. It is surprising where good grapes for wine making can be found in this country. Probably more than people think.