Wednesday 11 September 2024

WOYWW

 Good morning all.

Here we are again. Don't these weeks fly by?

Join in with our desk share over on Sarah's Craft Shed. 

My sewing room has seen a tiny bit of actual sewing this week. It seems like the first time in a while.


I must admit I was a bit rusty and had to unpick a few bits and broke a needle. I was sewing recycled denim to make some little purses.

It's nice, soft fabric to cut out and work on but I must remember not to sew over metal zip ends!

I have also been spending time making workshop packs - 28 packs for Tilly's "Toadstool" workshops.

She has booked her workshops for next year so I shall have plenty to keep me busy. I love being able to help out. If you are interested in a needle felting workshop check out Tilly Tea Dance workshops here. She would love to see you.

Well that's it for this week. I'm a bit late posting today. I had a quick catch up with Annie yesterday afternoon and completely forgot to organize my WOYWW post.

Have a good week.

x x Jo 🌈 



13 comments:

Annie said...

It was good to catch up [always is :-)]. Love the little purses.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The little purses are fab and a great way to upcycle some fabric! Don’t worry about unpicking etc etc, I still do daft things even now! You should hear the cussing sometimes, lol 😂😂😂
We need a catch up some time soon!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Lisa-Jane said...

Struggling to comment today and it won't let me change my account but it really is me! Let's see if this works... Very cute purses and I can imagine the frustration of sewing over the zip! I wish I lived closer as I'd love to do one of Tilly's workshop, especially one with toadstools in it! Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #13 (www.prettymypage.co.uk)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the purses. I know you enjoy helping to get the kits ready but do save some time for yourself too. Wishing you a happy woyww, hugs Angela x12x

My name is Cindy said...

Ah well catch up time is important!! Super cute little bags. Workshops look lovely but a little far for me. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindy xx #7

Lisca said...

Those little purses are really cute. Well done.
I don't live in the UK as you might remember, if I did, I would love to attend a needle felt workshop.
Happy WOYWW,
Lisca

Helen said...

Glad you got to catch up with Annie, even if it made you late writing your post! I am sure Tilly's workshops will be as popular as ever. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Your purses are so pretty and i would have loved to have done a felting workshop if I were in your neck of the woods. Had a look at the link - it looks great. Happy WOYWW, have a great rest of the week. Michelle x #18

Susan Renshaw said...

Super little purses - and I would so love to attend Tilly's workshops - such a shame i am so far away!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #3

Crafting With Jack said...

What lovely little zipped bags. I find denim a hard fabric to sew, thankfully I don’t have to take up my husbands jeans anymore. Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jo, love the little purses. Am I right in thinking the embroidery is all done by machine? It's beautiful. Have a lovely week. Hugs, Ellie x #9

BJ said...

Adorable little purses, I like the zip positioning making it a feature. Hugs BJ#6

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Your little purses are lovely, Jo. Great to be able to use an old pair of jeans to create something so pretty and useful.
I took a look at Tilly's Tea Dance workshop and they look so good. I hope the sessions all go well for her.