Wednesday 8 July 2020

WOYWW

I fancied a change from knitting twiddlers so I made this little lacy cloche hat (Age 3 - 5 years).
AND now I know why I knit twiddlers!!

I started with 90 stitches which should have been maintained until the decreased top.
So, how come after 8 rows I only had 86 stitches left on my needle? Where did the others go?

After a quick unravelling (knitting -  not my brain) - I started again - counting carefully without distractions this time. I think it looks OK. I added a little crochet daisy on the side.
I used Sirdar Crofter yarn so that it has a fairisle look to it.

I don't have anyone to pass it on to so I guess it will sit in my "Finished bits and bobs" box until someone wants it. I really need a little hat model to show it off nicely. (I don't think I can persuade Ben to do that!)

Last year, at the crop, I bought some of Shaz's lovely cards and, having used the last ones recently, I wondered if she had more.
Of course she did!
Look what came in the post this week...


Lots of lovely Happy Birthday cards - perfect for all the men in my life! (Sounds like I have lots of them doesn't it - wink wink!
I love how neat and clean cut these designs are. So clever. Thanks Shaz. (Shazsilverwolf)

Lastly, I know lots of you follow Tilly Tea Dance and thank you all for that. She posted her latest brooches on her Etsy site this week and I just thought I would share them with you. I love them - proud Mum here. 
Image may contain: plant and food
If you don't know Max's story, check here too.  Tilly Tea Dance.

So, that's it for this week.

Take care all and keep safe.

xx Jo

18 comments:

Helen said...

the little cap looks great, I hope you find someone who wants it! Max's brooches are so cute. have a great week. Helen #2

Julia Dunnit said...

You’re allowed to be proud, that daughter daughter of yours has done so well. Aren’t the brooches adorable. Well done for persevering with the little hat....I dont knit, and this may well be one of the reasons...when it goes a bit wrong you have to re-start, whereas a paper mistake can easily be bodged and covered!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I share your knitting woes - is there a woolly wormhole intime and space that the stitches disappear into? Little B%$£^ers. Anyway, I'm glad you persevered as the hat is so cute. Those brooches of Tilly's are lovely too, she's a clever gal, your daughter!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

I think the little had was worth all the hard work as it's so cute and will be perfect on the right little person when they come along!
I love the brooches too, Max is such a talented lady. And talking of talented ladies, what a great selection of cards from Shaz too - she always achieves such a classy look to her cards, and it's a great idea buying a bundle at a time.
Hope you have a good week, stay safe and well,
Diana xx #14

Annie said...

I love the little hat but have to say it would have gone in the bin here if it went wrong lol
I love all of Maxine's latest makes...I keep sharing them for her.
Hugs,
Annie x

lisa said...

Love your little hat, knitting is a foreign language to me so I always admire such amazing creations.
Love your cards from Shaz, they are so professional looking.
Have a good week
Hugs Lisax #17

Sue Jones said...

The knitted cap is so pretty . You are so right to be proud of your daughter, her store is gorgeous! have a fab week . Soojay #19

Lisa-Jane said...

LOL, I'm with Julia on this one - paper can be bodged usually! I couldn't knit two rows without changing the number of stitches. It's a very cute hat though and I'm sure it will find a home before long. Those brooches are absolutely stunning! I'm off to find out more! Have a wonderful week, Lisa-Jane #16

glitterandglue said...

Hi Jo. A lovely hat - I'm sure you will find someone to give it to who will love it! Great cards from Shaz - a good thought to ask her for some. Those brooches are lovely - well done Maxine!
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #3

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Jo, so happy they arrived safe and you like them. Men can be THE most awkward to get cards for I agree. Lovely little hat, sorry but I did laugh at you losing 4 stitches. Thats why I don't knit,lol. Love Max's brooches, I have one on my backpack, and ordered a bookmark from her to go into Eldest Sons birthday present, as he loves her work, since I bought one of her pictures for DIL's birthday a couple of years ago.Which has reminded me I want to go order a picture as a 'New Home' gift for Tim & Lyndsay.Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Neet said...

I must say I love my brooch that maxine made me and I wear it with pride when I wear my grey coat.
What a delightful little hat, some little girl will look beautiful wi it, with blonde curls cascading down to her shoulders and a Mabel Lucy Atwell face. Picture it!
Glad you are back to twiddling, I love seeing them so much.
hugs, Neet 11 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Such a sweet little hat. This brooches are lovely. X Angels #25

Catriona said...

Loving Max’s brooches-I have put in an order! I’d wear that hat myself, Jo, cause I love a hat! I’m mask making again as it’s now mandatory in shops here from Friday.

Lynn Holland said...

That was a feel good post 💛. I love the brooches xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lovely colours in that little cap and how beautiful are Maxine's brooches, proud Mum indeed. Well done for Shaz coming to the card rescue, men cards are so hard to create.. Happy WoywW Tracey #12 x

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the cloche hat Jo, well worth the unravelling and reknitting. I did laugh at the idea of Ben's face if you asked him to model it though. Maxine's brooches are beautiful as are Shaz's cards! Stay safe and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #1

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such yummy photos...Your little had is precious and Shaz's cards are really lovely. And your daughter does a lovely job with her tiny brooches. Such pretty colors. Hope you are enjoying good weather, we need rain, but not the storms forecast coming our way. I did not post this week, had so many posting issues I had to leave it be.

Susan Renshaw said...

The brooches are beautiful and I love the little hat...liked the story of teh stitches too!
Happy Crafting Susan #8