Friday 15 November 2013

Finished by Friday and a BIG smile!

 
As it's Children in Need day today I thought I would show you the smiling little Katie Morag doll that I have finished today.
I had a request to make one and I decided that if I had all the bits and bobs needed then I would make it and donate my fee to Children in Need.
It has been lovely listening to Radio 2 as all the pledges came in today. I have had a super sewing session and it has been made all the better by the fact that Children in Need will benefit from it.

The little bag was my own design based on the island where Katie Morag lives. The bag has the name of the person it is going to but I blotted it out.
I just hope it is what's needed!

So this is my "smile" for today.
If you want more smiles then pop over to my sister Annie's blog "A stitch in time".

Thanks for calling by.
x Jo

8 comments:

Annie said...

That is simply gorgeous Jo. Well done you. I'm smiling now too.
Hugs,
Annie x

Caro said...

That is so adorable! You are so talented and what a wonderful cause you are donating to. Thanks for the smile. Caro x (#6)

Gill Edwards said...

the doll and bag are fantastic
Gill x

Nan G said...

Wow! Those are so cool. Love the dolly and a bag with her home on it.

ddazzled71 said...

Wow this is just adorable and what a wonderful cause you are supporting. Have a great week! Danie #31

Partofyourstory said...

Omg I love Katie Morag so does nicci. I used to read those stories to her all the time. Her granny and relatives live on the isle of Lewis in the outer Hebrides and it was our holiday destination for years as she was growing up - very Katie morag. Lovely memories. How's things? Bad here, seriously thinking of closing shop down after Christmas!!! Coffee when you have a minute? xxx

Kate said...

Love the design of the island and little bird on the bag.

~Kate~

LB said...

Hi, I wonder if you are still taking requests? Your Katie Morag doll is so lovely and I would be interested in buying one as my class are learning about Katie Morag next term. If you are interested, please let me know. Thanks.