Blackberry & Coconut Squares
The recipe is from the book I showed you last week.
Good Food 101.........Cupcakes and small bakes
I collected a few more blackberries this week and made a few more jars of jam the last lot went down well with friends and family!!)
The last few blackberries were used to make this scrummy tray bake.
250g SR Flour
280g brown soft sugar
200g cold butter, cut into pieces
75g desiccated coconut
2 medium eggs, beaten
- Oven 180/160 fan oven.
- Tip flour, sugar, oats into large bowl and rub butter into mixture until only pea-sized pieces remain.
- Stir in coconut and then reserve a cupful of this dry mix.
- Stir eggs into mixture in bowl and spread over lined 31cm x 17cm cake tin
- Smooth surface with spoon and then scatter over blackberries
- Scatter reserved cupful of dry mix over top of cake and bake in oven for 1hr until golden and cooked through.
- Leave to cool and then cut into squares.
And these are my latest little frocks......... all that and a visit to the theatre - never a dull moment here!
Have a fab weekend.
Thanks for popping by. x Jo