Wednesday 24 April 2024

WOYWW

 Happy Wednesday everyone!

Well it's been another week of celebration.

It was Maxine's birthday on the day  Ben ran the final laps of the Shropshire schools half marathon. He came 2nd in his group of about 200 year 3/4s. 

We had brunch out and then Ben spent the weekend with us. So a fun time was had by all.

Here's the card I made for Max.....


Yesterday I spent an hour or two stitching brooch pins on the backs for some of Tilly's felt brooches. I was watching the snooker at the same time. I like to multi task🤣



And finally ...

Look what I saw on my way to pick Ben up from his school ... 


We often get steam engines chugging up the line to Shrewsbury. Its always a delight to spot one.

Ben's school have just been awarded "Outstanding" by Ofsted so everyone deserves a celebration there too.

So that's me for this week 

I hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine.

x x Jo 

12 comments:

Helen said...

no sunshine here.. well a little in between showers! Well done Ben, and his school, and the card for Maxine is beautiful. Hope she had a great birthday. happy WOYWW Helen #?

Sarah Brennan said...

Beautiful card Jo. Great news about Ben and the school too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Well done Ben, bet he was pleased. Looks like you've had a good week all round. We're going to Matlock Baths later in the year and hoping to get chance to go on the Steam train there, I love them. Gorgeous card too. Wishing you a happy woyww, hugs Angela x8x.

Lynnecrafts said...

Bravo Ben! Your card is superb, Jo.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Your card is gorgeous - I love the textures and beautiful brooch pins
Congratulations to Ben and his school. Michelle x

Neet said...

Lots of lovely things to celebrate ending with the Ofsted report. That must be reassuring to know for you all.
Congratulations to Ben for his achievement in the marathon. I bet you were all bursting with pride.
Hugs, Neet 13 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Sounds like you have a busy and productive week. Max's card is beautiful and well done to Ben. I do love a steam train, not least because they remind me of very dear friend I used to work with. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #15

Crafting With Jack said...

Well done to Ben and to his school. A beautiful card. Love steam trains. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw, a good week of celebrating then! happy returns to Maxine! We occasionally get a steam train through here too, you can tell because there's a sudden crop of step ladders and camera tripods leaning against the bridge! They remain a wonderful sight don't they.

Annie said...

Love the card Jo and I hope you get on well with the brooch making today.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lindart said...

Congratulations to Ben! And Happy birthday to Maxine, what a gorgeous card you made for her! I do a lot of multi-tasking too, I always have the TV on when I'm in my art room, it keeps one side of my brain busy so it doesn't interfere with the creative side! LOL! Have a lovely week, Lindart #17

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Beautful card you made for Maxine. Happy birthday wishes to her.
Many congratulations to Ben for his wonderful achievement and also his school getting 'Outstanding'award.
I do love seeing a steam train, something very special about them.
Have a great week x