Friday 17 July 2009

My latest rainy day activity.


A super little parcel came through the post yesterday from Amazon. A snip at £7!!

It's called 100 flowers to knit and crochet by Lesley Stanfield

It is a beautifully illustrated book and is just a joy to thumb through. As its title says, 100 gorgeous little flowers and even minibeasts and fruit and veg. with photos and instructions on how to make them.

Now I can knit and crochet so I hope at least some of them are within my limited capabilities.

I have scrounged wool oddments from my sewing sister so I am all set up ready to go.

Mmm now my main problem, speaking as a Libran here, is which one do I choose first.....

9 comments:

Annie said...

.....And of course I can't help there...being yet another Libran :-)

Gretel said...

*Only* 100? :) I expect to see the full range by Monday! (My knitting skills are limited and my crochet is non-existent!)

Friko said...

shouldn't be much of a problem, it'll rain and rain and rain and, before you know it, you'll have finished the lot.
Are you going to blog about your progress and show us the results? I hope so.

Twiglet said...

Hi Friko
Yes I am going to blog my little flowers but progress is slow as I need to learn what all the symbols and abbrevations mean before I can really get going.
and PG - nice of you to call. I was showing my daughter your site and she loved the pink elephants!!

mountainear said...

I expect an exhibition of all those flowers too - what a lovely idea. Your own Flower Show.

Calico Kate said...

Oh yes do hope you'll blog about your knitting and crocheting adventures and results - good luck!
CKx

Fennie said...

Look forward to seeing the results Twiglet. I am sure you'll be wonderfully creative.

snailbeachshepherdess said...

you haven't got time to knit and crochet flowers - you have just been tagged! 7 words that describe you!! Tee hee

arosebyanyothername said...

Just seen this blog. That book looks really good. I may get it. I love doing little bits and bobs like that which can be finished in an evening and I can think of 3 little granddaughters who might find some of the flowers etc delightful. Thanks for sharing.