Wednesday 11 March 2015

WOYWW

Well that's another week that has just flown by.
My WOYWW table has a few projects on the go this week. I am knitting a little cap sleeve cardi with some pretty peachy wool that I discovered as I was clearing cupboards. Knitting is the best way of stopping me falling asleep in front of the TV these days!
In front of that you can see the fabrics that I chose to make Ben a playmat for my new house. He will be just about 5 minutes away by car so I am sure he will want to come and play at Nanny's now and again.
In the bottom corner is the pretty patchwork covered  address book that Annie made for me - again ready for my new house. She is a treasure isn't she.

This little picture is the one that I made whilst helping Maxine with her fab workshop on Saturday.
We had a lovely time with some of the ladies from Craven Arms Embroiderers Guild.
They were so enthusiatic and created some lovely needle felted pictures.
Maxine is going to blog about them but it may take a while. When she has, I will leave a link here so you can see what we all got up to. Link to Tilly Tea Dance blog.

Lastly, and apologies for an out of focus photo, here are a few outfits for a teddy bear that I made last week.
I am a real butterfly and flit from one crafty activity to another!!

So that's it for this week - hope you are enjoying the sunshine and the breath of Springtime.
Have a great week.
x Jo

18 comments:

Annie said...

Lots getting ready for the new house Jo....lets hope it wont be long :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I stopped by to visit that MUCH YOUNGER SISTER, and wanted to say hi to you, too. Sorry I missed out on last Friday, and now it's Wednesday and I forgot it, too.

Flitting can be good if you have room to work on different things. I sure like the doll/bear outfit.

Not playing, but just stopped to say HI.

Neet said...

Jo, have I missed something? It seems as if you are moving but I don't recollect you saying you had sold your house. Sorry if I missed it somewhere along the line.
Love the poncho at the bottom, love everything you have on show, you put me to shame with all this activity. But I can relate to the TV/sleep thing.
Hugs, Neet xx 28 or thereabouts, forgotten.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Loads of exciting things and news on your blog today...fingers crossed for a swift house move. Those fabrics for the playmat are fab, I'm sure Ben will enjoy rolling around on the mat/using ti to makes dens etc when he's a bit older. Ah, happy days...... :-)
Hugs, LLJ 5 xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Jo, happy WOYWW, always great to have a few projects on the go, knitting is handy as it is so portable. Enjoy your week RobynO#25.

MrsC.x said...

good luck with your move, that wool colour is very pretty.
I love your embroidered picture its so clever really pretty
Happy WOYWW!
Thanks for sharing
Mrs C.xx
http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/woyww-march-10th-2015.html

Laura said...

Hmm, that blue star fabric is gorgeous... wonder if someone can magic that in to a paper I can scrap with?!
Happy Wednesday x
Laura

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I LOVE the embroidered felted background piece you made at the workshop. I've never seen anything combining these 2 techniques before. Happy WOYWW! #44

Anne said...

Hope the move is soon and no hitches! Super makes as always. I too flit from one craft to another :-) Anne x #32

famfa said...

Love the picture, so pretty
Famfa #54

Unknown said...

What a great Nanny the children have - making things the like and look pretty in - Wonderful place you have .. I love your double Rainbow .. Double wish ;) - Thank you ever so much for sharing

Kind regards
Mariane # 51

Unknown said...

That needle felted picture is absolutely lovely. Love all the fabric and yarn today too! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #48

Nan G said...

Flitting seems to work for you, as I love all of your projects. Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #53

glitterandglue said...

Hi Jo. Me too - I also flit from one activity to another. Our lounge currently has a large jigsaw half done, a bag of knitting (we are making knitted crowns for the team to take to Uganda in the summer),a pile of crochet (yes, we are still making inroads into the enormous number of squares donated for blankets)a baby shawl I am starting (no, no more grandies - just fancied doing another one); and my upstairs space has all the makings of Easter cards, and at the other end, all the necessary info to complete the new church website. I simply move from one thing to another - a butterfly, indeed!!!
A lovely felted piece there on your desk - and some great fun looking fabric. Enjoy!
I know I missed a lot of weeks at the beginning of the year - have you sold your house?? When are you moving?
Take care. Thanks for visiting already.
God bless.
Margaret #7

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Jo
See cleaning isn't a complete waste of time .... you found some yarn... lol. don't knock the butterfly effect ... its the only way to be
janet @12

pearshapedcrafting said...

I do hope this means you are moving soon! Love your needle felted picture! Chrisx 45

Helen said...

Hopefully you'll be moved in and settled soon.. quicker than your sister anyway! Thanks for visiting and sorry for my late return, I've a horrid cold and couldn't focus on the computer screen last night! Helen 3

Diane said...

What a fun post and pictures.

Hugs diane